What is Betareading:
A beta reader ( or beta ) is a person who reads a work of fiction with a critical eye, with the aim of improving grammar, spelling, characterization, and general style of a story prior to its release to the general public.
The Goals of a Beta Read:
To find out if your story is any good.
To find out how other people see your story, including its strengths and weaknesses.
To find out what you have left to do to get the story ready to publish.
You are not looking for everyone to love every bit of what you have written. This is not writing by committee. You are trying to find out if you story has these basic qualities:
· Realistic characters that your readers care about.
· A plot that is engaging and understandable.
· An experience that causes your reader feel something.
· An enjoyable experience. Cause, ya know, this is entertainment.
Bonus items are:
· Making your readers think a little.
· A rewarding cathartic experience.
What I can offer:
· A thorough read of your work.
· An evaluation form when I am done.
· Time to answer any of your questions.
For more information : Bab’s Beta Readers